Just wanted you all to know that Buster passed away today.  He had a very rough night as he just didn't respond to any of the meds that we gave him on Monday.. He was breathing more rapid and harder all thru the night...So this morning when the vet called to give me the results of the aspirate, I told her I was going to bring him in for a breathing treatment and to have her check his lungs...Things just really progressed so fast, I haven't ever seen anything like it.  It hadn't even been 14 or so hours that he was jumping in my lap and scratching his post.  He was still drinking water, but I couldn't get him to eat anything and I tried it all...That was a first for him as he never went off his food, but was hardly ever sick in his 13 yrs 11months other than an occasional sinus infection.. We made the appt. to go to Dallas, but it is a long drive and with the type of lymphoma he had, it would have been so hard on him...the drive and the tests...I wanted him to have his dignity..and he did...I went back to see him after he had been in the oxygen cage for an hour or so...He was having some difficulty, but not as much as before...He looked at me and the vet tech opened the cage so I could see him and pet him...then he started breathing harder...I asked her if he was starting to die and she said yes...So I picked him up and took him in the exam room...I put him in my lap as I did several times a day, the way he liked to sit with me and told him it was ok, that I was there and he would be ok..He took about 3 more breaths and passed away...He was waiting for me to return, and I will always believe that..He wanted me with him so I am glad that I didn't put him thru anything else...I believe he was ready..He was my "Rock", my tough kitty that has helped me get thru all my other's illnesses...As you all know, how difficult this is to write.
I am going to miss him so much...as I am sure Bandy and Lil Rascal will, too..
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers,
Kerry, Bandy, Lil Rascal and Angel Buster

Yahoo! Mail