What a great idea Jen.  I agree, no news is good news
here!

Everything is going well here in Dallas.  We just got
two days of serious rain, which was BADLY needed.  My
husband and I went to the animal shelter Saturday, in
the rain, to adopt another Akita for the one we
rescued in the fall.  We felt he needed a companion
since we're at work all day.  They get along famously.
 We also brought in to the shelter a little brown
Chihuahua that had followed us home two weeks ago.  He
was a really good dog, but deserved to be an inside
dog, and plus, our Akita was really too big to play
with him.  We made a report at the pound, called all
the local vets, and checked postings at the two pet
stores, but couldn't find the owner.  We think he
belonged to one of the two families that just moved
out of our neighborhood.  The lady there assured us
that he would be adopted out immediately since people
were constantly looking for little dogs.  He was
adopted an hour after we left the shelter.

While I was at the shelter, I fell in love with this
kitten.  She looks almost like my Cricket that I lost
in November, black with a long, fluffy tail, and very
playful.  She was really sweet.  When I took her out
of the cage, she wrapped her little arms around my
neck and just purred like crazy.  She was SO loving.
Unfortunately, she had to have her right eye removed
due to what the shelter believes was one of those cat
in the car engine accidents.  I gave them my number,
and they're going to call me as soon as her stitches
are out and she's posted for adoption.  If she doesn't
get adopted out within a week or so, I am going to get
her.  I told my husband.  He doesn't want another cat
in the house, as we already have three, but I know
when he sees her (he was playing with the dogs when we
were there Saturday and didn't get to see her), he
will understand.  She's a love.

I hope everyone is doing well here.  And of course,
all their furbabies.  We all deserve a break from the
chaos that is illness.

:)
Wendy