The fact of the matter is they will get animals some where any way...
Now, most of them come from back yard breeders that breed animals
for just that market....
Perhaps if more shelters sold to research the animals that they are going to PTS
that would put some of the back yard breeders out of business....

If the business arraignment is to sell animals that have a chance for adoption
than I too have a problem with that but if these are animals among the 6 million
per year that are out of time and going to be PTS and the money is spent at the
shelter so that they can do more good work than what is wrong with that ???

And again, most research is done so the manufactures can back up their
claim the their product is the best...NOT that their product causes the most
suffering... They want the results to be a happy ending...
Not all tests are successful but for the most part they aren't going to waste
their time and money on a test that they aren't pretty sure will work...

Even if its testing for a cure for a disease and they infect they animal
and then try to cure it or put to sleep and examine you are still talking
about animals that were going to be PTS earlier anyway...

Tad

TenHouseCats wrote:
i do NOT admit to be totally up-to-date on this....

i have to agree that not ALL research is inherently bad. however, in this case, there's a BUSINESS arrangement between the shelter and one Class B Dealer--as far as i know, the shelter couldn't care less where the animals end up, they just sell them to the dealer.... there have all been any number of hearings, public demonstrations, etc through the years--the MI county that i am in was embarrassed out of selling their animals to a similar dealer a few years back.

i can most probably get updates on where the fight stands now, and who is doing what--i'm sorry to say that i have NOT kept on top of it because i can only fight so many fights at one time. but i do have local contacts with far more information and expertise than i do....