Sharon,

I'm really sorry to hear that you also have a loved one who is FeLV positive. As for your question about which of the two mentioned treatments is best, most anyone here can provide lots of information. From what I know, it doesn't necessarily hurt to do both treatments. My cat, Ember, tested positive after we lost a younger cat, Sadie, to FeLV symptoms. Ember is on interferon right now, but she's only had one week's dose of it. My vet did not mention any other treatments, but I'm going to ask him about several, including acemannan, when we go in next.

I hope that your cat can be aggressively treated for whatever is causing him or her to feel sick, and that you can then get on with a good treatment for FeLV after eating has resumed. I also hope that you can find an intelligent, compassionate vet who has more experience with FeLV than your other vets seem to have. Don't give up. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you. Take care.

Lance