Electric coils are run under the tile/wood whatever. It heats the floor and the heat rises. Great system and supposedly easy enough to install. I have friends who have done it themselves. This would solve the cold problem. I have one friend who put it in the bathroom (didn't like stepping on tile fresh out of the shower). It is not as expensive as it sounds.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "wendy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: help-removing carpet due to kitty urine

What the heck is electric radiant heat?

Thanks,
:)
Wendy

--- Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

First find OdoBan and really clean the carpet that
is down.  Use 2-3 times
the strength recommended.  When you do take the
carpet up, do the same to
the concrete.  This stuff will take the odor out of
anything.  Someone threw
a dead ?????? in my trash can that stayed there, in
water, for several
weeks.  Couldn't even figure out what the poor
animal was by the time I
discovered it.  I poured a lot of this stuff into
the can and it handled the
smell.  It handles the smell of an angry cat
spraying too.  It is that good.
I know you can get it at Sam's Club.  I don't know
about other places but it
is on the internet.

Second consider using a sealed ceramic tile over
electric radiant heat.
That was not an option for me at one point so I
painted the concrete.  With
a couple of washable throw rugs it did nicely.  You
can do any type of
design you like.  But stay away from carpet.  When
you take it up you will
find out how nasty it is.  The padding turns to
dust.