Dixie did the same thing. I guess I am overly cautious. She told AC friends of mine that she had been to the vet and hated it. We all took that to mean she had been spayed. She trembled awfully when I took her in for some blood work. The vet couldn't find a scar but I kept pushing for some sort of test to make sure. There is a hormone test (expense but worth it in her case). Since she was FeLV + I didn't want to put her thru surgery unnecessarily. Besides, I had lost 2 girls 4 days after surgery. Different vets and unrelated cats. I don't believe either vet did anything wrong but I was and am spay shy right now. Long and short: She had been spayed.

Yes, I imagine they think we do really weird things.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "wendy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: I adopted a new kitty; looks just like Cricket

Hi Marylyn,

I will ask her what she'd like her new name to be.  I
think choosing names is very important.  I know she is
in heat by the way she's sticking her butt in the air
all the time and moving her little legs back and forth
and howling.  Poor thing.  I'm glad we don't do that
as humans, although I guess some of our behaviors
could be likened to that...lol.

:)
Wendy

--- Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Suggestions:  First try Rescue Remedy on her (put it
in her water).  Are you
sure she is in heat?  Dixie Louise (heat is not an
option) has gone thru
periods of howling like she was in heat when males
came by.  Feliway may
help if this is the problem.

Second:  Ask her what she would like her name to be.
 She'll let you know.
Then she will be very pleased with her name.  I had
AC friends ask Dixie
what she wanted for a name.  She told one Louise --
not a name I would have
chosen or used--then she told the other Dixie
Doodle.  That was so bad the
friend didn't want to tell me what she said.  She
told both friends
(repeatedly and clearly) what names she wanted.  I
fooled around with them
and came up with Dixie Louise.  She had to have a
birthday so months after
she got her first two names she had Doodle added
(Yankee Doodle Dandy became
Dixie Doodle Dandy born on the 4th of July).  Now,
when I call her, she
actually comes to see me.  And she is very proud
that she chose her names
and got all of them.