Hello all,

I can't remember whether I've mentioned Buddy on this list.  He is the "neighborhood cat" we feed from time to time.  Picture here: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/landlimo/Buddy1.jpg

I don't know where he belongs.  We've observed him making rounds but we have no idea where his actual home, if any, might be.  He showed up yesterday evening with untreated injuries...again.  His last set of scrapes just needed a little Bag Balm.  Now he's hurt his leg and the skin has scabbed over, but it's clearly a deeper wound.  This time he's in pain and I've had it.  NO MORE.  If someone decides to start worrying now what's happened to him, too little, too late, too bad.  We can't bear the thought of coming home one day to find him seriously injured or dead.  He is such a sweet boy.  He never let us get near him until his friend TorTor died in 2004.  He watched us bury her and he seems to have decided we were OK after seeing how we took care of her until the very end.  We used to see him sitting near her grave sometimes.

We let him check out the house for a little while then confined him to our Florida room for the night.  After posting this he and I are off to have the leg checked and test for FeLV/FIV.  TorTor had FIV so I'm trying to prepare myself psychologically.  Please send healing thoughts and prayers his way.

Becca
Ollie, Sierra, Kroger, Angel Paassht, Sonic, Chandra, Corky, Io, Angel TorTor and now sweet Buddy Bear!!