With her count at 9.6 it is a good idea to get a cross matched blood transfusion, if you decide to do epogen I would get started right away, it can take up to three weeks to work. Also I must again say I would be giving the doxy even though she tested negative for hemobartonella, many times cats will test negative again and again even thought they have it, and as I said the doxy won't hurt her but if she does have hemo will save her life. My vet is currently treating a cat that isn't responding to the epogen and she has had several transfusions and only did better after getting an iron shot. Vitamin B complex and folic acid are something I would start also, especially vitamin B12.

I send prayers for Chelsea, what does your vet think is causing the anemia? We had a bone marrow asperiate done to diagnose what was causing Bailey's anemia, it is pre-leukemic Myloid Dysplasia. There are many things that can cause anemia, and they all require different treatments. Did your vet mention if the luekemia is non-regenerative?

--
   Belinda
   Happiness is being owned by cats ...

   BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)