Hi, this is Pam, mom for JuneAmy. Altho I have no FeLv kitties, I have been so grateful for the help that has already come from those here even tho I have not been on your list, that I had to join.

I will post her story later but suffice to say right now that she has large cell lymphoma. Big mass in the abdomen, & more thorughout the liver, spleen, intestines & lymph nodes. She was diagnosed a week ago today. Had hse been a old kitty (& I am not at all sure how old she is but think she is probably older than what I have been told), I would probably have let her go with that diagnosis, which was pretty grim.  But I let the vets at U of WI vet hospital give her a watered down injection of L'spar & started her on 1`0 mg of pred last week as a trial.  They thought to start the full U of WI protocol would kill her.

She responded just enough for them to decide to go ahead & today she got Vincristine. I am not at all sure I am doing the right thing.  But my feeling is that I have to try.  I could just treat her with pred & natural supplements, which is very tempting, & it may come to that depending on how she does, but I have been encouraged by those who know us, to try.

Right now she is so tired. I fed her some "lunch" of Purina DM on comimg home but she needs to rest. As I type, I am also watching her breathing & thinking she is having some mild difficulty. I don't know. Going to be a long evening/night.

Pam

Hurricane Katrina's terrible message:  if it is too dangerous for YOU to stay behind as a disaster approaches, then why would you leave your PETS behind?  Never ever ever leave them behind!  Have enough crates for all & take them with you!  They are your family!