In humans at least, fatty foods exacerabate pancreatitis but to my knowledge do not cause it.  Pancreatitis can be caused by steroids (so the Prednisone may have contributed to the development and decreasing the dose was probably helpful).  Pancreatitis may also be associated with biliary tract disease which could have gone undiagnosed. Elevated serum amylase and lipase on blood work are indicative of pancreatitis.  All this is based on my knowledge of humans, but I'm guessing most of it is transferable- maybe someone else with more knowledge of feline disease would know...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Belinda, I think that fatty foods cause pancreatitis (when it is caused by foods at all, which is not always the case), not raw foods.  Raw meat diets tend to be rather low in fat, actually, depending on what you are feeding. I do not think that is what did it if it was pancreatitis.
Michelle