Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:16 AM
Subject: Re: fw from Robert Macdowell (herbalist) (litter, and my invention,the endless litter litterbox)

There's a good wheat based scoopable too, called SWheat Scoop. Never tried it, but have heard good reviews from others (and I believe the clumps are flushable too). I like the idea of corn or wheat based litters, we KNOW those are relatively safe, I mean, they are ingredients in many cheaper cat foods! When they successfully make a GOOD absorbent rice litter I'll be first in line!

LOL, I ran out of litter once, but had a big box of cream of wheat breakfast cereal... but it didn't absorb much. I think rolled oats might work though.. anyone got an old bag of quaker oats that's rotting in the pantry, for the sake of science?

In the past, when I was really poor (this was years ago, mind you) I just went out into the yard and dug up some dirt to put in the litterbox. Sandy soil is MUCH preferable to good dirt, at least it doesn't turn into mud clods.

I'm still trying to figure out my endless litter self-cleaning litterbox. Uses aquarium or pea gravel over a small 1/4 grid rabbit wire base over a dropped "waste" receptacle with built in plumbing so it actually all flushes away, pee goes right through it, then it self rinses it after the cat leaves the box with a non-toxic white vinegar "douche" (you know the floral scented vinegar kind) that is heated and sprays down over the "litter" from above. But the poo is an issue I'm still trying to figure out (solid poo anyways, diarrhea would just rinse away like pee). I would need to rake it somehow. Then I got the idea of using stainless steel BB type pellets instead of gravel. Make it a covered box, with a high powered electromagnet in the cover. After the cat leaves the box, the douche cycle comes on, then after that finishes, the electromagnet kicks on, and WHAM, all the BBs instantly pop up to the roof of the box, then the base uses a robotic arm to swing the rabbit wire base down, and the poop is dumped into the bottom "waste" receptacle. The robotic arm whacks it a few times on a brace built in for that purpose, to get any turds that are clinging to fall off the rabbit wire. Then it swings back up, locks back in place, the magnet shuts off, the litter BBs fall back down, the whole system flushes using the built in toilet-like plumbing that clears the waste receptacle, and it's ready for the next user.

LOLOLOL!!!!!! OK, so I have too much time on my hands...

Phaewryn (was Jenn, changed name)
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from Little Cheetah (UCAT) Cat Rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
PLEASE DONATE TO THE TANGLE FUND:
Tangle is a cat in Greece that was severely injured when someone wrapped wire around his neck to strangle him,
Little Cheetah Cat Rescue is raising funds to bring Tangle to Vermont to find him a good home!
http://ucat.us/tangle-fund.html
DONATE: We could really use a power saw (for construction), a digital camera (for pictures), and more towels!

Checked by AVG Free Edition.