I would not drug a cat before flying, especially not without a FULL medical
workup
(including a heart ultrasound). Cats are just as affected by pressure and
altitude
changes as humans are, and any drug given will have a much stronger effect in
the
air. This sometimes can lead to medical issues. It's just not worth it, if she
meows
the whole trip, so what? Cats are allowed, other passengers can't say too much,
wouldn't think. It's only 3 hours max, I think she would be better off
undrugged.

BTW, ACE is a horse tranquilizer, or at least it's the most commonly use tranq
in
horses, for those of you who have never heard of it. Has been known in male
horses to
cause a relaxation of the penis from the sheath, that does not reverse, causing
permanent penile paralysis. Doesn't sound so bad if you're not breeding the
horse if
you don't know how horse's penis's work, but a horse penis left out of it's
sheath
quickly dries out, and more or less, dehydrates to the point of turning rancid
(horses usually keep their penis pulled up into a protective sheath, it's
similar to
a dog, but bigger and looser). The only way to save a horse's life that has had
this
side effect caused by ACE is to amputate the penis... YES you heard that right,
this
drug, that the vet gave you for your cat, is known to sometimes cause a horse
to need
it's penis amputated, or the horse dies.

Not something I would EVER give any of my animals, IMO.

If you choose to sedate the cat at all, I recommend NO more than 1/2 a tablet of
Benadryl, but 1/4 would be even better, as the altitude and pressure will make
the
drug have a stronger effect than it would on the ground.

Phaewryn (was Jenn, changed name)
http://ucat.us
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Adopt a cat from Little Cheetah (UCAT) Cat Rescue:
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
PLEASE DONATE TO THE TANGLE FUND:
Tangle is a cat in Greece that was severely injured when someone wrapped wire
around
his neck to strangle him,
Little Cheetah Cat Rescue is raising funds to bring Tangle to Vermont to find
him a
good home!
http://ucat.us/tangle-fund.html
DONATE: We could really use a power saw (for construction), a digital camera
(for
pictures), and more towels!