Hi Kerry,
That Bandy is really something!  What a cat!  I'm so pleased he's regained some of his vision.  Thank you for posting about his latest vet visit.  As always you, Bandy and the rest of your babies are in my prayers,
Nina

Kerry Roach wrote:
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to update you all on Bandy's eye appointment last Thursday..We finally have some good news..and the doctor was even shocked...His eyes have improved..So for the moment, he can see some..He isn't running into things or being as cautious as he was 2 wks ago...His eyes aren't cloudy right now either...So we are on a maintenance dose of the prednisolone acetate and atropine...He gets the pred drops twice daily and atropine once daily now...we do a re-check if all is well in July otherwise I am to call if there is any change between now and then...He will have to remain on the drops the rest of his life though and the dosage adjusted according to how he responds...He said the fibrin clots were gone, but he has some scarring on the retina due to all of this...It is just part of his disease or I guess that is the cause of it..They did a toxo test, but it was negative..I think he was checked for this last August, too. Anyway, I am happy that he can see some...He is now climbing on things again..but he can't judge distance too well...I watched him yesterday, and he was very cautious about getting down...I guess he will learn how to deal with all of this...I am thinking about getting some pads to put on the floor near where he climbs so he won't hurt himself again...He likes to climb so I don't want to take that away from him...
Anyway, head butts to all and hope your kitties are doing good today..
Kerry, Bandy, Inky and Angels Buster, Lil Rascal and Snoopy