With my herd I have never had a negative turn positve.
I'm not saying it wouldn't happen to others.
Taz was positive and lived with my 3 remaining older cats for a few years before he died.
To this day none test positve. They played, ate, and washed each other.

In a message dated 5/13/2006 6:39:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
This is good. I'm glad you posted it.

Pam
----- Original Message -----
From: catatonya
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:56 AM
Subject: Re: Mixing FeLv & non FeLv

This was how I got started.  I had 12 cats total.  The positive (I didn't know was positive) was about 8 weeks old and her 'best friend' was a negative about the same age.  They were together at least a month, probably closer to 2.  I found out she was positive, tested, retested, retested everyone.  She stayed positive and lived to 6 or 7 years old.  Everyone else who is still with me is still negative.  The ones I've lost died from various reasons, kidney disease, stroke, etc....... ALL were retested the rest of the time only when they got ill. NONE ever tested positive.  I still have the 'littermate/friend' who was a kitten when exposed to my positive years ago.  He is still negative.

Terrie Mohr-Forker
TAZZY'S ANIMAL TRANSPORTS
SIAMESE & COLLIE RESCUE
Owner/Driver
Check sites for available Siameses for adoption!

http://www.tazzys-siameses-collies.petfinder.org/

Click Here to Join WASHINGTON SIAMESE RESCUE Yahoo Group!

http://hometown.aol.com/tatorbunz/index.html

http://hometown.aol.com/tatorbunz/myhomepage/petmemorial.html

Petfinder.com
Adopt a Homeless Pet!