Hi Lance,
I'm sorry Ember is still having some problems. If she has a delicate digestive system, the best first course of action is to put her on one type of quality canned food, (see if you can find a single protein) and take her off the dry, (it's harder to digest). Stay away from grains and by products. If she likes the EVO, you could give her a few pieces of kibble as treats, but I know that my IBD girl, Gypsy, has relapses whenever she eats anything other than the turkey mush I make for her, (I'll send you the recipe off list, it's really helped her). Gypsy was very near death when I started feeding her a raw diet that saved her life. Unfortunately my little girl is very finicky and she started to refuse the raw. She's now doing very well and has been on the cooked turkey for months. I'm so hoping that this is something transitory and that her system will re-adjust. You should get her on a probiotics too. They make a "pet formula" acidophilous that you can find at the health food store. Start with small amounts at first. You might want to mix in a bit of plain whole milk yogurt in with her food too. They also sell something called Benebac (sp?), at Petsmart type places for kittens to balance the good bacteria. I understand your anguish at not being able to stay with her all the time. What can we do? Someone has to earn the cat food! It sounds like she's doing pretty well, except for the continuing stool problems. Sending prayers, good wishes and calming energy to you and Ember,
Nina

Lance wrote:

Unfortunately, it seems like Ember still is having digestive problems. On Thursday, the vet gave her the injection (of what, I'm unsure), and I gave her a Centrine pill the next day. For Friday and Saturday, she seemed to eat and drink fairly normally. No BMs in the box until Sunday, however, and it seemed that the first visit to the box yielded loose stool, while the second was definitely diarrhea. She still has an appetite, and I believe she's been drinking water normally. She wouldn't touch the soft Felidae I had out earlier, but just an hour ago, she ate some dry Innova EVO. I gave her another Centrine pill, and have picked up the wet food, leaving out only the dry and her water.

Earlier on Sunday, I did give her a very small bit of Kitty Kaviar. I gave her two treats of Kitty Kaviar on Wednesday. I'm wondering if she's having a problem with that? Ember has really enjoyed the KK when I've bought it before, though it may have caused one loose stool once. However, about a month ago, she managed to get into a can I had just opened, and ate virtually the entire can! I didn't see ANY problems after all of that, which I thought was strange. Anyway, she certainly won't be getting any for a long time.

I apologize for giving such a blow-by-blow account. I haven't gotten any sleep, and I'm trying to decide what to do about work, since I took off two days last week when she was ill. The one promising thing is that she has not had the odd, listless behavior she had when this all started on Thursday. She's been behaving normally, so that would seem to be good.

Oh, how I wish I could work at home!

Sleepily,

Lance