LOL . . "if you do get attached to Freddie . . ."

TOO LATE!  He's already been made a member of the family.  I took it as a sign from Pepper that Freddie arrived at my doorstep last night :-)

Freddie and Bella will just have to live separate and apart for a while.  Right now, Bella's food, water, and litter are in the guest/computer room.  Freddie is set up in the master bathroom (which is about as big as a small bedroom).  We'll have to live this way for a while, I guess.  When Freddie gets older, I'm going to see about letting him sleep in my daughter's room.  (Bella usually sleeps in my room.)

~Ashleigh

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Ashley,

I would not use Frontline on a kitten that young, but
others here might have had more experience with a
kitten this young. You might do better just picking
the fleas off his little body with your fingers or
using a very fine tooth comb.

Definitely, I would keep Bella and Freddie away from
each other, and not sharing litter boxes or
food/water. Freddie could catch it from Bella, and
that would be bad since he's so little. And Bella
could 'catch' it/be made worse from Freddie. The
experts don't know much about FeLV, but I suspect
there is more than one strain of this virus like so
many other viruses (which would explain why some
kitties fight it off and others don't, and why the
symtoms/illnesses are so vast). If this is true,
Bella could catch more than one strain, thus making
her worse off. And vice versa for Freddie.

Unfortunately, if he is NOT FeLV positive (which would
be great), you will have to keep them separated for a
long time because he is a kitten and is not
vaccinated. Kittens are so susceptible. If he's not,
then you might consider finding him a new home if
possible. You truly do have a situation right now,
but it will resolve itself given time. But if you do
get attached to Freddie, then you will find a way to
keep both babies, even if they have to be separated
for some time.

It's so weird that another black kitten found you
after losing Pepper so soon. That's exactly what
happened to me after I lost my black kitty Cricket.
And the two are so similar, like your Pepper and
Freddie, so I just consider it a blessing from above
and a reward of sorts because I loved Cricket so much
and grieved for him so hard. Life is funny sometimes!
Thank you for not turning Freddie away.

:)
Wendy