Cinnamon
----- Original Message ----- From: "TenHouseCats" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: OT-Anyone know of safe ways to deal w/ ants?

tea tree oil is toxic to cats!

On 6/12/06, gwork <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have also heard cayenne works, but have never used it. I do know that the proper treatment can depend on what type of ants they are. I also found on the 'net that 8 oz. of a natural soap (peppermint, lavender, tea tree) mixed with 1 oz. essential oil (citronella, cinammon, rose, tea tree) and diluted with water is supposed to make a good spray/wash. You add 5 tbsp. of this
mix to a quart of water.  I wonder if the health food store would already
have a premixed solution.  I have heard of the boric acid/sugar mix, but
that is a killing mixture vs. a deterrent.

Kris
http://www.spazstory.zoomshare.com