Yes, on the lysine. As to interferon, most people who give it give it prophylactically, before they get sick, to try to keep the immune system up. It is up in the air how much, or if, it helps.  Personally I think that things like lysine and immuno-regulin work better, but I-R is not generally given prophylactically (though someone on this list works at a shelter where a 10 year old positive cat was dropped off when her person went to a nursing home, and she had been healthy since birth with FeLV and was getting I-R regularly as an immune builder.
Michelle