I've been away for a week, but I'm sure you've had lots of suggestions.  You might consider seeing a holistic vet.  My cat got very sick with a URI when first diagnosed.  We used immunoregulin, interferon, and lots of vitamins and things prescribed by the holistic vet.  She got better and lived about 6 more years.

tonya

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Guys-
I hope I am posting this the right way.
We just found out today that we are positive.
Chester just turned a year old in April. We got him after we was weaned and
has been inside our house ever since. I suspect that he got it from his
mother (his mother was an indoor cat-or that's what we were told). He
didn't show any signs until a few months ago. He came down with a cold and
has been given antibotics for that twice. When he goes off of it he still
is not normal. Right now he has a sore throat and fever. My major concern
is his laying around which he never did as a kitten, he just seems
depressed. Still eating and going to bathroom okay. Doctor gave me Baytril
and Prednisone. Doctor said that he could last a few months but will get
worse. I also have another cat, Timmy 6 years old. Timmy was tested as a
kitten (negative) but not yet recently. Still keeping both together because
if Timmy were going to get it he'd probably already be infected.

I feel horrible. I just need some support as I am new to this whole thing.
Any ideas, suggestions? What should I do? Of course I want to keep Chester
as long as possible but I don't want him to suffer. I want to do what's
best for the cat. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa
--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)