Hi Lisa,
Well that sounds like a terrible experience for the two of you! I'm so sorry that your search for a vet that can help you and Chester is still ongoing. I take it this Internist wasn't recommended by your current vet, sounds like no one would recommend him! As far as Chester's eating... have you tried the liver shake? I also have a broth recipe that I can send you. Many times a cat will lap at food, but not chew. It's also a good idea to warm the food to bring out the aroma. Oh man, I'm somewhat of an expert at trying to get kitties to eat! Does he like salmon? Sometimes a few drops of salmon oil on the top of their food gets them going. Sometimes they prefer a bowl over a plate and visa versa. I've spent a great deal of time crawling around after a kitty on my hands and knees with a bowl of something yummy in my hand. I have one kitty that will not eat unless she's being stroked and cooed at. There are also appetite stimulants that you can get in a cream form to dab on the inside of Chester's ear, (transdermal), has your vet given you one? I guess I don't have to tell you to try just about anything to entice him with, I don't think I would have thought to try applesauce! Don't use any flea meds on him while he's not feeling great. If you have to, pick the little blood suckers off him using a comb and have some alcohol to drop them into nearby.
Hugs and prayers to you,
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi guys,
Took your advice and found an internist (I live in Cleveland, and surprisingly it took me 3 hours to find the nearest one which was 1/2 hour away). I was not impressed w/this doc at all.