Co-Q 10...

=^..^= Terri, Siggie the Tomato Vampire, Guinevere, Sammi, Travis, Dori and 6 furangels: RuthieGirl, Samantha, Arielle, Gareth, Alec & Salome' =^..^=

Cool Catholic Stuff!  Click Here --> www.TotallyCatholic.com/Theresa

----- Original Message -----
From: gwork
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: Teeth

I do not have much experience with dental problems in cats, but in humans,
if you have a gum infection, you may need antibiotics.  Also, I understand
your reluctance to put your kitty "under", but it sounds like it's
necessary.  Brushing his teeth, etc. is great, but the plaque/bacteria also
accumulates below the gum, where you can't reach.  That's why a cleaning is
needed, so they can use special instruments to get it out of there.  Left
unattended, it will eventually destroy the bone, the teeth will fall out,
and very serious infections can result.

Are his gums red/inflamed?  Do you get bleeding during/after brushing?

If you are feeding him dry, you might try feeding moist for now as it will
be easier on his gums.  Also, something very enticing, like tuna, etc., if
reg. moist won't work.  Also can try Nutri-Cal supplement, and someone else
suggested a different one before - can't remember it now.

I do know that some cats are more prone to calculus build-up than others,
probably due to a variety of reasons.  It may be that, after you get this
issue resolved, you will have much less problem in the future since you are
now brushing, etc.

I know others on this list will have some suggestions for you as well,
especially on how to get food in him.  Good luck and hang in there!

Kris
http://www.spazstory.zoomshare.com