As usual I'm behind, but I hope Bandy is still feeling better by the time I catch up.

tonya

Kerry Roach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, I think Bandy has finally turned the corner after 10 awful days..I don't want to jinx him as usually when I report something good...something else happens..But I wanted you all to know..On Wed..I found him sitting up in his bed for the first time in about 10 days..then about 5am on Thurs morning, he was walking all over the room and followed me around...actually talking to me which is always a good sign..The leg is still sore, but he is using it some now and not dragging it around anymore..He has lost around a pound..he is down to 7#2.5oz. so now I have to try to get him fattened up again..I guess the 1000cc of fluid that he has had in the last week is what kept him going...I took him in on Thurs. for another adequan injection..so we are on hold for the metacam for now..I give him torbutrol for pain if he needs it...his temp was 102.8, but that is where it has been for the last week so that is good for him..I don't know if I mentioned this, but Tues. we put him on 2cc of clindamycin twice a day which is a mega dose for a bone infection just in case that is what was causing some of this..I have had one of those in the past and they don't always show up on xray..I asked her if we could do this just in case that was what was causing all this leg problem so I don't know if that is what has made the difference or not..but it sure won't hurt..
Anyway, I really appreciate you all being here as you always are during a difficult time..you never know when you are going to need the info and it always helps to have it on hand...You guys are the greatest!!
Thanks again,
Kerry, Bandy, Inky and Angels Buster, Lil Rascal and Snoopy