When my cats are sick, I give them sub-q fluids at home. I think that is true for most of us on the list. You should have your vet teach you how to do it. It really is not hard.  The only thing that is hard is if Minnie is a total monster about it (most cats aren't after the first or second time) and you have no one to help you with it. But I have been able to give fluids on my own to most of my cats who have needed it. My one cat Buddy was a total monster about it, even when he was quite sick, so I had to have someone hold him for me.
Michelle