I found a new (to me) website last night:  'EntirelyPets.com' and they had the Feliway for $16.99.  That was better than some of the other prices I saw online.  Can't wait to try this out because it may help with some sibling rivalry issues here.

The catnip is a great suggestion.  I have a pot of it growing out back - didn't even occur to me at the time.

I love the ferals too.  They have to be tough to survive in the wild and they learn not to trust as part of those survival skills.  It's probably what kept them alive.  Once earned, I never take their trust for granted.

One of my ferals - after many months of feeding, coaxing and basically trying to get within six feet of him - just made up his mind one day that he wanted to live inside.  The way I knew this was that Phelix - man of the house - took me to the back door.  When I opened it, Shakiti (like 'shy kitty') was wedged between the back door and storm door.  He had torn a hole through the screen and squeezed in.  Opened the back door and he waltzed right in  (my screens are in the top sections of the new doors too, by the way).  He's come a long way.  Loves for me to hold him on his back like a baby and talk to him...he goes to sleep and drools on my arm.

Othello was another feral who was slow to trust but one Halloween night I opened up the door for trick-or-treaters and he ran right in.  He's starting to be a lot more sociable and will come out now if company is here.  He has never been comfortable with being picked up - but he will let me groom him now.  It all just takes time and it is worth all the patience.  Woe to any bug, moth, or moving creature who dares enter this house.  This warrior even brought a snake in the house from the garage once.  He was so disappointed when I took away his play toy.

Scratches are still a bit red and sore this morning but they are starting to heal.

elizabeth