I want to help on the water thing - but I am in no way an expert on this.  I have 8 cats...weights in pounds  are 8, 11.5 ,11 ,10 ,12 ,17.5 ,9, 22lbs (yeah - I know 22lbs is HUGE but he looks like a small puma and has big bones).  In a day, the kids drink from 3-4 cups of water a day.  They are all very active though.  I'm guessing this is like 1/3rd to 1/2 cup of water a day on average.  Maybe more in summer.  I'll let the experts correct me but if I were going to guess on my gang here, I would think you'd do well to give 1/4-1/3 cup of water a day.  That's just a guess and in no way expert.  Cats seem to live on the edge of dehydration.