The scar is not noticeable under her fur, and I don't think it bothers her at all. The benadryl and felliway seem to work well for her. I am so used to using both of them that it does not seem like a big deal, and I have never thought that low dose benadryl is a problem. Do you think it is for some reason? If it's not, I tend to want to leave well enough alone and not stress her, or myself, with new vets.

The funny thing is that when the vet first prescribed the benadryl, years ago, he told me to buy the pills from the drug store and pill her (I think it was 1/6 of a pill or something like that).  But she is incredibly hard to pill, so I would have to chase her around twice a day and grab her and pill her, getting bitten, and she would foam at the mouth and hyperventilate. After a few days of this, it dawned on me that this was probably not helping her anxiety! So i asked for it to be compounded. She still runs when she sees I have the cream, but is easy to catch and is fine when I rub it in her ear.

The vet who prescribed it had said that some cats, after getting it for a few months and stopping the habit of pulling their fur out, just get over it entirely even if the benadryl is stopped. That has not happened yet with Patches, and it has been almost 4 years!

Michelle