Oh Beth, I can't tell you how saddened I am to hear of your loss of sweet Alice.  Such a special girl!  Please try and take some comfort in the wonderful loving home you gave her and how happy you made each other in your brief time together.  You have a little Angel watching over you and yours, and she'll always be with you in spirit.  Nothing I can say will ease your pain right now, I realize that, but please know that we do understand the depth of emotion that these tiny little souls stir.  Sweet little Alice is chasing butterflies in Heaven, telling everyone how special her Mom is and how big a heart you have.  The unconditional love you showered on Alice knows no time frame, it will last forever.  Isn't it amazing how such a tender little innocent can alter your life in ways you'd never have imagined?  That's how and why we who rescue are able to continue to do what we do, heartbreak after heartbreak.  Because those that touch our lives with grief also touch our lives with equal amounts of joy and gratitude.
Blessings to you in your grief, may you soon be smiling through your tears at your memories of your darling little girl,
Much love,
Nina

Gary Murphy wrote:

Hello everyone,
I am the newbie from a few weeks back that had a litter of five, with one FeLV positive.  I was trying to find a home for her so that she could live out her life unsequestered, but didn't realize how terribly difficult that is.  Nina, you wrote then that perhaps she had found her way to me for a reason, and that her home was meant to be with me.  I believe you were right.  I never did find anyone else to love her, thank goodness, because she worked her way right into my heart.  For the past month I have spent all my free time with her, taking her outside on a leash every evening and playing with her, snuggling with her, and just enjoying her company, knowing that her time may be short.  Unfortunately, it was very short.  She came down with a high fever, antibiotics helped for a few days, but she began to swell with abdominal fluid and spiked a 106 degree temperature.  FIP is likely, but not confirmed.  An aspiration of the fluid showed it to be yellow, but not as dark a yellow as is normally seen with FIP, so it was inconclusive.  She was suffering, struggling for each breath, I am missing her terribly, but I couldn't let her keep on like that.  She crossed over at 10:30 this morning.  I have read with sorrow of the recent struggles and losses on this list (dear Ceasar!), how you folks in rescue have the strength to go through this over and over, I don't know.  Bless you all, and thank you for all the advice and encouragement.

Peace,
Beth

Peace,

Gary Murphy