Belinda,
    I knew Metacam could cause severe problems but the prednisone was not helping Jimi for a while so the vet and I took a chance, as Jimi's options for pain control are so limited now.  I had thought that if there is going to be problems, then it would show up rather quickly, rather than later, if I understand my reading correctly and understood what the vet told me.  Had you heard differently?  (That it might show up further down the line?).  I will ask the vet again, to be sure, thanks.

   Well, actually Jimi's mouth is fine now so I don't think taking teeth would help.  His pain seems to have travelled from his mouth area and there is no more red areas on examination. He has had teeth pulled when it was his mouth that was the problem, though, although not all of them.  I had tried Zithromycin with him before but not acupuncture or chamomile tea.

   Jimi does not have diarrhea but it makes sense to ask for pancreatic testing.  Thanks, Belinda.  I will ask the vet next time.  I guess that could make him cry out and run after eating a bit, right?

Anne and Jimi Too Cool, Simms and Sophie in MI among other furry friends

  Metacam, can cause serious kidney damage, I'd have his kidney's
checked right away if he has lost so much weight.  Cats with kidney
problems are notorious for not wanting to eat.

Has he had his teeth pulled, this is often the last resort fix for cats
with serious stomastisis, and the antibiotic we used because Bailey was
positive for bartonella, not the same as hemobartonella, was
azithromyacyn (sp?), it helped as did the chamomile tea and acupuncture,
but it was only after we pulled Bailey's teeth that he got relief (we
pulled all but his insisors).

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com

Message: 6