My heart goes out to these dear kitties and their caretaker too.  If there were any way on this earth that I could take in more and give them the care they need, I would.  This is just heart-wrenching.

One thing I can do though is pray - and I am praying for all of them.  They are so beautiful and so dear.  I will forward this to anyone I think might be able to help.

elizabeth

In a message dated 7/29/2006 11:14:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
This is a sad story. These two beautiful kitties (completely blind) must stay together & they are losing their home very soon. It is hard enough to find a home for one, but this is two & must be two.  They desperately need someone to allow them to be together & love them.

Pam

c pq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:43:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: c pq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Gorgeous Birman + blind Tuxedo--must stay together
To: Julie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, kittycity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
nwatlpets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Please NOTE:

These cats are located in Rhode Island, so long-distance help will be needed! Also, pictures are included, but if they don't come out, check the photo folder: Rhode Island pair. They are GORGEOUS. PLEASE TAKE A PEEK!

>>>So Very Sad>>>Can you help these 2 Cats?? (pics)

Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (at craigslist.org)
Date: 2006-07-25, 12:04PM EDT

Through my animal rescue contacts a very sad and unfortunate story has been brought to my attention and I am posting out here, hoping some kind soul might be able to help this woman. Without delving into too many details and personal information, here it is in a nutshell. It brought me to tears…

This woman suffers from a chronic health condition and has deteriorated to the point where she can no longer drive and therefore no longer work. Unfortunately, her condition will not get better and only worsen over time. She has exhausted all of her personal savings to pay medical bills and is now forced to give up her home. Her original plan was to move to FL with her sister and bring the cats. But through another sad turn of events, her sister has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. So this is no longer a long term option either. With no other options available, this woman will be moving into subsidized housing soon that will allow only 1 cat. The problem is she has 2 cats, who are so dependent on each other it would be detrimental for them to separate. And the vet who has been caring for these cats for the past few years also agrees with this.

Here is some info on the cats and why they desparately need to stay together.

‘Squeak’ is a purebred Birman who was adopted by this woman in 1998 as an older kitten. ‘Squeak’ was always a very shy and nervous cat until she met ‘Annie’. ‘Annie’ was found as a baby kitten in this woman's garage in 2001. And ‘Squeak’ took to her immediately. But something was not right with ‘Annie’, and a vet trip confirmed she was blind in one eye from a congenital defect. A year later she lost sight in her other eye and is now completely blind. But she gets around quite well with her buddy ‘Squeak’. They play, clean and cuddle each other. They are the best of friends!

We are looking for a home with no children or other animals. A quiet home is the best as ‘Squeak’ is very nervous and “Annie’ is totally blind. I am hoping this home would allow the woman to visit on occasion to see the cats. It would mean so much to her. Also, we will consider a temporary foster home, as this woman needs to go be with her sister in FL in her final months.

Please email me if you are interested.
Below are the pics the woman has sent me. Please scroll down to see all 5

Thanks for Reading, Kim

jULIE wEBB
Kitty City Rescue, Athens Georgia
"Saving Animals from GA KILL Shelters"