Thanks, Nina!  And thanks for defining IBD!  Wendy sent me her manual...and I'm so glad because I find myself having to look things up a lot! lol

When I first got the Evo food and the sups, I tried to give him everything at once.  That didn't work so well!  So I've backed off and just started switching slowly from the Purina dry to the Evo dry (almost down to just Evo).  Then I'm going to add the Evo canned and get him used to that.  Then I'll try adding the sups.  The directions on the Nu-Pet call for one whole scoop (guessing 1 or 2 tablespoons), but I only gave him a little when I tried it.  Now I figure that once he's used to the canned food without anything in it, then I'll start slowly adding the sups.  If I can't get him to eat it with the sups, I'll try your suggestion of adding it to something more tantalizing.

I'm just trying to figure out if I should get a different sup (and where?) or make my own, or use this one.  Thanks for the feedback!!  And I'll definitely pass on the head butt.  :)

MJ

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Marissa,
I have used Gentle Digest with my IBD, (inflammatory bowel disease),
kitty, Gypsy. It didn't seem to help her much, but she was in pretty
sad shape when I was using it. I'm not familiar with Nu-Pet, a couple
of the ingredients did get my eyebrows raised, (the wheat sprout complex
in particular), maybe someone else is familiar with the product. As an
all around vita sup, I use Vetri-Science Nu-Cat Liquid. The one you are
using is probably just fine. I am wondering if you might be giving too
much, too fast. You're already switching her food, so you might want to
take it easy on the sups to begin with, otherwise you might upset her
system. Catch me up here, Slinky's not showing any symptoms, right?
Don't try to add all of the recommended amount of the sups at first, try
just a pinch of each. The "Green Food" makes me think of Spirulina, or
some sort of algae concentrate, like BioPreparation,
(http://www.biopreparation.us/index.htm), that has a de-tox effect and
can be hard on the system. To get her to eat it, you might try adding
sups to baby food, (all meat variety, Beechnut is better because it
doesn't contain corn starch, or onions), or a little bit of people
tuna. They can then become a special treat and you'll know she got them
in her. I do have a trick for getting cats to take pills w/o pilling,
but I save that for meds rather than sups.

I'm so pleased that you found us and welcome! This is the best
supportive and knowledgeable group of people I've ever encountered too!
Give Slinky a head butt from me,
Nina

Marissa Johnson wrote:

> Hi all! Thanks SO MUCH for all your advice and thoughts about
> Slinky! I've been telling my friends that joining this group is one
> of the best things I ever did!!!
>
> I have a quick question (one of MANY to come I'm sure) for all of
> you. I mentioned in my original post that I got some vitamins and a
> digestive track thing for Slink at the natural pet food store.
>
> Both are Ark Naturals brand. The vitamins are called "Nu-Pet Feline
> Granular...Powerful Vitamin & Antioxideant Formula...Green Food
> Phytonutrients Plus Taurine." Says it has wheat sprout commplex,
> alfalfa grass, vit. A, vit C, vit E, fish protein, carbs,
> bioflavinoids, L-Taurine, L-Glutathione, L-Cysteine, and Selenium.
>
> The digestive track thing is called Gentle Digest (includes prebiotics
> and probiotics). Says it has Lactic Acid Bacilus (L+), min. 50
> million vialbe spores per capsule, and Chicory. Then under ingreds it
> says Dicalcium phosphate, rice flour, chicory root, lactic acide
> bacilius, and magnesium stearate.

Do you Yahoo!?