Wendy, can you send me the manual?

Thank you!

Gina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Marissa,

My name is Wendy. I've been on this list since last
October and probably will never leave. The people
here got me through one of the hardest times in my
life when my baby Cricket was sick with anemia from
the FeLV, and died after three weeks of trying to get
him to turn around. Everyone here is so knowledgeable
and helpful, and I stick around now to try to help new
people just like you.

Your vet is right. Many cats throw the virus off, and
some just carry it around. And even if he does test
positive, there are absolutely things you can do to
prolong his life.

The two most important things to keep in mind with
FeLV positives is a stress free environment and immune
boosting including food and supplements. A lot of
people use the Evo. I think what Maggie and Kerry
said about mixing the old food with the new and then
slowly decreasing the old might work for your baby.
It will take time. Mine are on the Evo, wet and dry,
and it is great stuff. Probably the best on the
market, in my opinion. Some do the raw diet.
Whatever you end up feeding him, make sure it has no
grains in it. As far as supplements go, there are
several routes you can go. Vitamin C is supposed to
be a great immune booster. Some people even claim
that it can turn positives to negatives. L-lysine
(WITHOUT) propylene glycol is also good for immune
boosting, especially if he has feline herpes, which
either can't be or isn't easy to be tested for (can't
remember). I say he might have it because sneezing
and URI's are typical symptoms. Many cats have
herpes, so it's no big deal. The L-lysine helps a
great deal with keeping that in remission. It's kind
of like cold sores for us. The lysine is great
because kitty won't be able to taste it. I just mix
it in with the wet food. I leave out dry for mine,
and feed wet in the morn and eve. I have a kitty with
hyperthyroidism that gets chicken broth twice a day,
which some kitties love, and cooked chicken at night.
The chicken broth is just the byproduct of cooking the
chicken in water. I always feed it to my sick
kitties; not all eat it though.

I have also compiled a sick kitty manual that has a
lot of good info. in it. It's good even if your kitty
is not sick. I took months of posts and info. from
this site along with personal research and combined it
to make the manual. It's in glossary form and
cross-referenced in a Word document. Let me know if
you'd like it and I'll send it to you directly as the
list won't allow attachments.

I always say people who are dog people have never been
loved by a cat. We'll see what you have to say in a
few months about that. LOL. I love the name Slinky,
btw.

If you have ANY questions, just ask. We're here to
help.

:)
Wendy
Dallas, Tx