Slinky is a GREAT boy.  Congratulations on such a good vet visit.

Diane R.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marissa Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:13 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Slinky Update: Good News

Hi again all.  Just thought I'd let you know that all is well with Slinky.  I went up to get his meds today and decided to take him with to have them weigh him.  He's actually gained about 1/2 a pound, maybe a little more since I was last there a week and a half ago.  And the nurse looked at him and said he looked perfect.  :)  She also cleaned out his ears (which were quite goopy since I've been giving him mitricide).  The doctor even came out and talked with me a bit (he didn't think the chemicals used for the roaches would be a problem for him since they're not for other cats...said they tend not to affect mammals much).  He also gave him the first of the 2 Drontal tablets so I wouldn't have to try to get him to take it.  So that was helpful!!!

My baby did GREAT.  Didn't even make much noise in the car and didn't flinch at all when they cleaned his ears and gave him the pill.  Such a good boy!!!

I told both the nurse and the vet about this group so that if they have others who have positive cats, they can pass on the info.  The nurse was thrilled...and shocked to hear that some vets recommend immediate euthanasia.  The doctor was already familiar with the site.  He said that there's really nothing you can do to boost his immune system, but that nothing I did would hurt him (not a great response, but ok).  But he kept reiterating that he has every chance of having a normal life expectancy and staying healthy...or of testing negative in a few months.  So that was helpful!  I told him I was going to keep up with the natural food, supplements, etc. so that at least I'd feel like I was doing something to help him.

Anyway...just thought I'd share.  Thanks for all your help with trying to figure out his weight and "bonyness" issues.  I appreciate it!!!

MJ

This electronic mail transmission and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
They should be read or retained only by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission from
your system.  In addition, in order to comply with Treasury Circular 230, we are required to
inform you that unless we have specifically stated to the contrary in writing, any advice we
provide in this email or any attachment concerning federal tax issues or submissions is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, to avoid federal tax penalties.