Hi Karen,
Gingivitis is a common symptom with our felv babies. I got an oral rinse from the vet and used to dilute it with water and Q-tip it over their gums, (one quarter of their mouth eod or so). I figured it was gentler on their sore gums than brushing and hoped that the antibacterial was helping keep them healthier. I hadn't heard about CoQ10 being good for that. Someone once cautioned about stopping the use of CoQ10 once you start using it regularly, but that was for a heart condition. I did add it to the sups my guys got. You might want to do some research on it, (if you do, let us know what you find out).
Nina

kandbz_ mom wrote:

Good Morning, Everyone!
I noticed last night that Angel's gums are red, but not really swollen (in several places). I was reading on the internet that Periodontal Disease is associated with Felv. Basically, everything I read said that I should brush her teeth to keep the gums healthy. Is there more to it than that? Do I need to take her to a vet for meds? Any advice would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks,
Karen