Dear Lance,
  I also don't think you have to worry, but you may want to get your
kitty re-tested after awhile. As far as I know, the virus can be spread
by saliva (mutual grooming, using the same food dishes, bites) or
through using the same litter boxes. But the virus only lives a short
time in the open air.

  Three of my six cats become infected with the virus when I brought
home a kitten who initially tested negative on the ELISA (I'm told this
is rare, more often a young kitten will test positive then negative if
the mother was positive).
I had all the cats tested: three tested positive, one threw off the
virus and two did not; they became ill and died within two years. Three
others tested negative and are fine.

  None of my cats had been vaccinated against FELV - they are indoor
cats and I had not mixed my new kitten with them until he was tested.
And then we had that rare inaccurate test result.

  I know some list members do mix their cats - I assume the negative
kitties are all vaccinated. So - I just thought I would add my
experience to the mix.

Bonnie in WI

http://grants.library.wisc.edu/organizations/animals.html
http://savingspaldingpets.blogspot.com/