I'm glad Satch -- and you -- are "turning the corner" on this situation.  The playing is a very good sign, always, and the uncongested meow! ;-)

Diane R.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Leslie
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:01 AM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Satch is coughing - less

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your posts and advice.  The diluted herbal tincture seemed to revive him some.  He did throw up once more, but it was a stomach full of mucous - some of it finally got out!  Oddly, the tincture is brown and the vomit didn't have this coloring, can your tummy decided what to give up?

Since then, he's been more interested in eating and has put in some kibble, liver paste.  Not much, but he is improving.  He chased the laser pointer all around last night which was nice to watch.  His meow is back also, not the hoarse, muted sound he's been making, but his more forceful, clear meow.  Never thought I'd say that it was good to hear, but it definitely is.  :)

My boyfriend has assured me that he does not have a problem giving Satch what he needs, and as the temp is gone, he seems hydrated still, and the appetite is returning, I feel okay with that.  I've given an arsenal of different things to try to feed him.

I weighed Satch yesterday and he hasn't lost any weight, maybe some ounces because I can't remember 13 lbs "what" from the last vet visit, but he is still 13 lbs something as of last night.

So it looks like the vet was right - shocking.  :)
He is done with the antibiotics on Friday, so the appetite should roar back after that, but I like that it's improving now.

I also felt that perhaps my hypervigilance wasn't really helping the situation.  Ed will be observing him more holistically, he won't be taking temps or following him around fretting, the overload of info wasn't really helping me, but driving me nuts.  He'll treat him and love him and call the vet if things start to change, but he'll be much less mother hen about it, and I can't say that I think that will be bad.

Talk to you soon, and I hope with continued good news.  Thanks again for all of the support and advice.

Leslie
This electronic mail transmission and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
They should be read or retained only by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission from
your system.  In addition, in order to comply with Treasury Circular 230, we are required to
inform you that unless we have specifically stated to the contrary in writing, any advice we
provide in this email or any attachment concerning federal tax issues or submissions is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, to avoid federal tax penalties.