They still have a chance to throw off the virus, though it is more likely when an adult cat is exposed to feLV.  Still, if these kittens appear healthy and "normal" I am a strong believer in giving them the time to clear the virus.   If the cat or kitten is asymptomatic then by all means give them the luxury of time.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Someone emailed me a couple of 10 week old FELV+ kittens to add to my website. She says they were confirmed positive on IFA, and she said "so it's in the bone marrow", and implied that retesting wont get any different results later as the IFA is "final". I always thought kittens could throw the virus, even if positive on IFA. So, what's the deal? Is an IFA result the final say, or do these babies have a chance of throwing the virus with time? 10 weeks old is awful young to throw in the towel, isn't it? I would suspect maternal antibodies at this point, but would they show on IFA?

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html
Please shop online through i-give and support the Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program:
http://www.igive.com/FVEAP
Shop at GREAT stores, like Drs. Foster & Smith, Pet Food Direct, Musician's Friend, and LOTS more!
It doesn't cost you a single penny more, and it makes so much difference to a sick cat in need!
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:O'Gwynn;Jenn;Phaewryn;Ms.
FN:Jenn Phaewryn O'Gwynn
NICKNAME:Phaewryn
ORG:UCAT rescue;operations/field work
TITLE:Cat Rescuer
NOTE:I rescue cats. I run a small personal rescue operation, all on my own, and out of pocket. Donations appreciated at any time! Paypal donations can be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or send donations via check or money order to Jennifer O'Guin, PO Box 1008, Hardwick VT. 05843
TEL;WORK;VOICE:802-472-8628
TEL;HOME;VOICE:802 472-8628
ADR;WORK:;home office;;Hardwick;VT.;05843;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:home office=0D=0AHardwick, VT. 05843=0D=0AUSA
ADR;HOME:;;P.O. Box 1008;Hardwick;Vermont;05843;USA
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:P.O. Box 1008=0D=0AHardwick, Vermont 05843=0D=0AUSA
X-WAB-GENDER:1
URL;HOME:http://ucat.us
URL;WORK:http://ucat.us/adopt.html
BDAY:19750928