There is no need for you to stick up for Linda. I understand completely why it isn't possible for any shelter or sanctuary to go to the lengths that most of us private guardians and small rescues do. Anyone that gives these guys a chance at life is okay in my book. Giving them the opportunity to enjoy safety and love while they are asymptomatic, helping to ease their suffering while they are ill and giving them a peaceful, pain free transition is more than some vets would recommend.
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On a side note, Linda worked VERY hard to save a Persian she took on from me over a year ago (Seagull), and they didn't give up on him easily, but his heart was just too far gone from Cardiomyopathy. You have to understand, for a shelter, even giving a cat a WEEK of forcefeeding is VERY generous and modern. Most shelters don't ever bother with force feeding at all. Sorry, but Linda is a friend, and I have to stick up for what she does...

Phaewryn