My husband and I both have life insurance through our employers.  I don't know if that option is available to us, but I will look into it.

Any more suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
Gina

Evan & Dee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We just met with our attorney tonight to draw up wills and establish a trust for our animal family.-it was easier than we thought. We have no assets to speak of but are assigning a portion of our life insurance to the pet trust fund. The most difficult thing was identifying a person who would mange the care for them in the fashion we wanted. The trust will pay a monthly stipend to the caretaker for their care and will be dispensed either to the caretaker or an assigned charity upon the death of the last of them.
Evan & Dee

Gina WN wrote:
Awww, poor old guy!  I know animals are abandoned all the time, but it breaks my heart to think how he must have felt going from the comfort and security of his home to finding himself without his person(s), just a throw-a-way on the street.

That makes me realize even more so how important it is to try to make arrangements for our pets before we die.  It's not always possible however and wishes aren't always carried out.  But, I have made informal arrangements with friends to take care of our animals initially if my husband and I both die at the same time or are incapacitated.  And we are going to ask my husband's sister if she would take one or two cats (we have four).  I would want my family and friends to know about any no-kill shelters in my area so if they didn't want my cats they could at least take them there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  We wouldn't be able to provide a trust at this time; it just isn't a financial option right now.

Gina
Geez, now that is sad this poor guy couldn't live with a family member.
What I know of that rescue he will be safe.