Hi Kayte and welcome to the group!

I live in Arizona and for some reason most of our vets here are scared of the disease and don't really have a lot of knowledge about it.  At the time, Angel had no symptoms at all.  It was just the fact that she tested positive.  There is no way I was going to let him euthanize her since she had no symptoms.  I had brought her home and started searching the internet for information and that is how I found this wonderful group of people.  I only had Angel since July, but she was such a sweet girl and as long as she was by my side, she was happy.  She became ill last weekend and died on Wednesday.  This disease hit her very fast..she was only 5 months old.

I wish there was a way to get our vets here more educated and up to date on this disease. It's frustrating.

Good luck to you!

Karen

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As many of you know, the vet I had originally taken Angel to wanted me to have her euthanized right away after she tested positive.  I had spent weeks looking for a new vet for her and finally decided to try this one, when she became ill and needed to be seen last week.

I just wanted to share that a lady from the vets office had called me last Wed. to check on Angel.  I had to share the bad news and tell her  I had lost Angel.  Anyway, the vet himself sent me a condolence card in the mail yesterday and I really thought that was nice.  I mean, how many vets take the time to do that?

It was very comforting to me.

that was very sweet of them. my name is kayte and i am new to this group and disease. i was wandering why did your old vet want angel to be euthanized? was she sick? i just found out Friday night my baby crackers 5yr old was pos for luekemia and my vet didn't mention anything about euthanization. i have learned a lot from all u wonderful people and am crossing my fingers crackers is a false positive or that he passes this sad disease...also i am so sorry for angels passing.

Do you Yahoo!?