I'm sorry, Nina.  You and Spencer are in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Spencer seemed to be doing better, but last night he took a turn for the
worse and I wasn't sure he'd be here this morning when I woke up. He's
lost a great deal of weight and his breathing is shallow and fast. He
cries now when I pick him up and he's not getting around very well. His
third eyelid is back up. I can't tell if he's in pain, but he's
obviously in distress. It doesn't look good. He finished with his
first 5 shots of feline interferon the night before last. I had taken
him off Clav after 7 days, (now I'm wondering if that was a good idea),
and he's going on, I think his 6th day of Dox). I'm afraid it may be a
tumor, or some sort of cancer. He's reminding me of Simon when he was
dying of kidney failure, but there was no indication of that when we had
blood work done Friday before last. I called my vet's office, but of
course it's a holiday and my vets aren't there. I could bring him in as
an emergency, but I don't have a lot of faith in the vet on call, (nice
guy, just not sure he'd be able to help). Actually, I don't have a lot
of faith that anyone would be able to help him right now. He might be
more comfortable with oxygen, or with a pain reliever. I don't know if
it's worth the stress of bringing him into the vet.

I just can't believe he's gone downhill so quickly. I've only had him
for six months and he was in such bad shape when he got here. I did
suspect fiv, but not felv. I figured if he had felv, he wouldn't have
pulled through as well as he did after arriving. He just blossomed
here! He turned into the best hugger and was so happy to have found
someplace to call home and feel safe, and best of all he was thrilled to
find a source of never ending food! I used to have to keep giving him a
spoon of food at a time when I was getting everyone's dinner ready, or
he'd go and eat everyone else's food as I put it down. I'm just in such
shock. It wasn't more than 2 weeks ago that he was scaling counters at
a single bound. He was such and incredible athlete, I've never seen
anyone move as fast or leap as high as Spence.

Thanks for letting me ramble. You guys know how this goes... Please
send him healing, calming thoughts and prayers. I never stop hoping for
recovery, but he doesn't look good. Thanks for always being there,
Nina