Nina,
That information is not accurate, this is not what I've heard from people who use it, I think you should ask her to consult with an oncologist, what is her experience with cancer, is she oncologist?? Elspar is used in several treatment protocols, it is also used as a rescue drug but there are actual cancer treatment protocols that use Elspar as one of the chemo drugs. Please read this page carefully, there are several protocols here that include Elspar used by many oncologists that people in the feline lymphoma group use. This whole website has a lot of valuable information and links to some very well known, highly recommended oncologists.

http://felinelymphomacaregivers.org/docs/ChemoProtocols.html

Its effects lasts for approx 3 days and is used to get patients into remission quickly, but does not "hold". She said even if I could afford it, it can't be given indefinitely because it's a "foreign protein" and Spencer would develop an allergic reaction to it with continued use.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com