Nina, I would almost bet my life that it is lymphoma, not leukemia. It is so much more common, and so much more likely to be in multiple places like that.  chemo is not very successful with leukemia, while it is with lymphoma. If you had someone to work with you, I would push for trying some lymphoma chemo protocol and seeing if it helps. If they could see something on ultrasound, try Elspar, and re-ultrasound to see if the elspar shrunk it, that would be another way to see if it is lymphoma.  but i don't think your vet is going to agree.

cats with lymphoma can sometimes go a few months comfortably on high doses of steroids.  You can never know what chemo would do. It is possible it would give him more time, but it is also possible that in the end it would not give more time than the dex. If you have decided to just stay with the dex, I understand.  I want to shoot your vet, though.  Because I do not think there is much point to more testing -- not only because I think it is lymphoma but because other forms of cancer would not be very treatable anyway so might as well just see if the lymphoma protocol helps-- and think she is just trying to cover her own ass and play things by the book.  But I am not a vet, so I can just rail against the establishment but can not be of any more help, unfortunately.  It is times like this I wish I had gone to vet school.  I could never handle it, though.

Know that if he gets bad, you can up the dose of dex.

I hope he has lots of good days left.

Michelle