Leslie,
I have been away from the list and am just getting caught up reading.  I just wanted to chime in and say that my little Felk+ kitten, Alice (Ally), who I lost to wet FIP at 12 weeks WAS a soft grey and tan tabby.  I've never heard of a color connection to the disease suggested before, that would be interesting to know.  So far her other siblings are doing fine at 5-1/2 months; 1 huge Felk neg. grey brother, 1 large blk & wht neg. brother, and  medium/large brown tabby Felk+ brother Will Feral.  I worry some about their little sister Moxie, a grey and white neg. who is over a pound lighter than her brothers, but she acts healthy and came through her recent spay surgery like it never even was done.  Dharma is a lucky girl to have someone who is able to get her the feline interferon in time, I'm praying it helps her beat this awful disease if that's what she has.

Best wishes,
Beth