Interferon is one of those drugs that looses its effectiveness the more it is given..
Was this protocol written by the same vet ???
I have a healthy cat, both pos on FeLV and FIV who cam to me on interferon
every day.. My vet says once she has been on that that it should be continued...
I also have a another healthy double pos who is not getting any so long as she
is healthy...
I have interferon in my fridge and give a 7 day course of it at the 1st hint of a bug...
That's my vets recommendation... However another vet might say 7 on, 7 off all the time..
I guess the FIP might be considered more serious than FeLV so he chose every day...

There are more what ifs than hard and fast protocols with this...
Tad

Nina wrote:
Hideyo,
Where did you find the protocol for FIP?  Is there any way to question whoever published that protocol directly?  How are your girls doing today?
Nina

Hideyo Yamamoto wrote:

One thing I noticed that felk and fiv treatment, they suggest every day dosage for 5 consecutive days and FIP, it suggest every other day.. do you know why? I read an article how every day dosage is much more effective than every other day..  but I was not sure if there is any reason why every other day is suggested for FIP – (I will also post this question to the group as well)