Hiya Kayte --
Sounds like that sweet boy is getting the very best care.  Meant to tell you how much I loved seeing his pictures - what a little hunk he is!

My Mama Kitty was so very sick last May (that's when I first found out she was FeVL+).  We came through that severe anemia with flying colors though with treatment and a lot of prayers...plus kitty hugs and kisses.

Incidentally - Mama is living inside these days with my other seven negatives (who have been vaccinated).  She's definitely a southern kitty...anything below 75 degrees and the poor little girl thinks she will just freeze LOL  She's staying inside day and night (lows are maybe in the low 50s)...but she still thinks the powder room is outside.  Some habits are just hard to break.  I watch her carefully for any signs of sickness...but as far as I can tell, she's reverted to pure kittenhood and is still gaining weight and playing with her assortment of kitty toys (the catnip lizard is a hands down favorite).  I haven't been giving her any special treatments other than lots of love and a healthy diet..occasional supplement when I can sneak them in...

Always good to hear from you..

The very best to you and your dear boy,
elizabeth (in alabama)