They seemed ok with each other.  Peanut knew how to keep the young upstarts from messing with her, but she never seemed to mind Sammy.  What's interesting is that Ashley, one of the other cats that came with Peanut, has been sleeping on the couch in the spot where Peanut was laying on her last day with us.  She has never slept there before.  It's like she senses Peanut's presence there or something.  I held Peanut through the night, but I put her on the couch later, b/c I was afraid that it was causing her discomfort every time I moved.  Then, I just laid next to her & kept my hand on her & petted her.  Basil, the other cat that came with Peanut, came up not long before we left to help Peanut to the Bridge & gave Peanut 2 head butts.  It's like she was saying good-bye, but it was very cheerful, like she was saying that Peanut would be all right.

Yvonne