You should contact the local papers with the story too. We all know how well you write, it's sure to get in. When you start canvassing the neighborhood putting up fliers, make up business size cards with Satch and Beatrix's picture on them. Have your number, the fact that they are inside only cats, special needs, how/when/where they went missing, etc. When my Ursula went missing, I knocked on doors with them, gave them to anyone walking about, put them on the doors that no one answered. If you put fliers in mailboxes the mailman may remove them, attach them to doors instead. I'd also think about staying at your boyfriend's house. Cats travel at night when they are scared, (although it doesn't sound like the sort of neighborhood you should go out alone at night in), if they come or call to anyone, it will be you. Oh, that's another thing, when/if you speak to the animal communicator, ask her to tell them to meow if they hear your voice. Cats can be two feet away hiding in a bush and not make a sound. How big is your boyfriend's dog? Maybe he could go with you, who knows, maybe he'd be able to sniff them out. I'm so glad they are micro chipped! Oh honey, you must be going crazy.
Nina

Leslie wrote:

you guys are so good. Even while I was looking, I was thinking, I have to get to work to let the list know, they'll have good ideas and words of comfort. Yes, the police know about the cats. The office even asked their names, which I thought was nice, though in retrospect he was probably hoping to find a name tag if they were outside of the car. When I get home (I'll be leaving early from work) - I'll call the chip companies. The news - what a great idea, they might love this. I know that I have pics of Satch able to be printed, but I only have Bea on my phone, I think. I'll check. If I don't hear in the next couple of hours, I'll think about calling them (though the idea of ME being on camera terrifies me, it's not as scary as as not getting them back). face your fears, face your fears. Especially since all make up was in the overnight bag also ... ah well, looking as frenzied as I feel won't be a bad thing. I'll keep you posted. Leslie