Hi Tonya.  I'll try to make this whole thing clearer for you.

I had a roommate who brought Ellie with her when she moved in. Kim, my roommate, said she'd been tested for disease but she hadn't been. When she finally had her tested, Ellie tested postive. By that time, all of my cats had been exposed to Ellie and Oreo had a lot of direct contact with Ellie. So I took all 5 of my cats in to be tested on 6/1/06 and only Oreo tested positive, a light positive. On 6/23/06, Oreo had an IFA that was negative, just 22 days later. I had Ellie and Oreo retested this past Friday, 10/13/06. Am anxious to get the results back on Wednesday or Thursday. My vet said this test will be definitive and I can trust these results. I only hope they're negative.

Kathi

From: catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: timing on FeLV+ test
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 17:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

I'm sorry. I just don't understand. Are you saying Ellie was always positive. She gave it to Oreo and he tested positive, but now he's negative? I don't know if your vet knows what he's doing. If he tested positive on Elissa and then tested negative a month later I take that as a negative. Others on the list know more about this. How and when was Ellie tested, and how do you know that Oreo was negative and caught it from her? I guess I missed your first post. It just doesn't really happen that a negative catches felv from a positive and tests positive and then tests negative and would then 'catch' it again. I guess it could happen, but I have never heard of anything like this.

Kathi Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Sorry I'm getting back with you just now.

Oreo did get it from Ellie. Oreo was given an IFA test just a month after
testing positive on the ELISSA. I understand this vet gave the IFA way too
soon, that perhaps the virus didn't have time to even get into the bone
marrow. I've been told by another vet that he could still have it because
he was re-tested way too soon with the IFA.