Hi Nina,

Thank you for your kind words and the info you looked up. It matches some of the things I found about low wbc. Unfortunately, my vet didn't have any sort of recommendation, other than to come back in a month.

One thing that will likely remind you of a recent post from Michelle regarding Lucy... about two weeks ago, my parents discovered that our new air unit wasn't heating properly, so someone was called in to fix it. When I got home from work, I opened my door to find NO EMBER ANYWHERE. The rooms were extremely hot, and there was a distinct and powerful "heater" smell in the air. I found Ember under the bed in the other room, smashed as close to the wall as possible. Now, whenever the heat comes on (and there's a rumbly noise that precedes it), Ember runs for the other room and usually goes under the bed. Perhaps the stress is playing a role, as similar heater stress may be playing a role with Lucy.

Also, I'm worried that, when I discontinued giving Ember the Transfer Factor Feline Formula during the initial diarrhea problem last May, that I pulled away an important support. I'm really hoping that DMG and TF on top of her usual interferon will help.

Lance

Nina wrote:

>Dearest Lance,
I was just thinking about you and your kitties today, wondering how you guys were doing since we hadn't heard from you in a while. This is not the sort of news I was looking for! I wish I knew more about what the low wbc indicates. It seems to me that you must have caught it quickly, (always a good thing), since Ember is feeling and looking good. I think the TF couldn't hurt. It's suppose to be an immune modulator, rather than booster. What did your vet suggest to boost her wbc? I'll keep checking around. Hopefully our list members will have some advice for you.
My prayers and thoughts are with you,
Nina