Hi all
I just got an email from the adopter ("Molly")of my former foster cat
("Katya"). Molly emailed the shelter and copied me in part (see
below--I've changed all names to protect privacy!). It seems she's about
to give up Katya because of the effect it's having on her own cat,
"Amber". Molly, I believe, is a good person, and I'm frantically casting
around for ideas to fix the situation. I would foster Katya again in a
heartbeat,and have already let the shelter know this, but it would be
better if we cd resolve the situation. I'm scheduled to speak to Molly
tonight on the phone. I thought if I could give her some hope, maybe
that would encourage her to keep trying. I already encouraged her a
couple of weeks ago to buy Feliway diffusers. I believe she's done this.
All ideas gratefully received.
Kerry

>>>Amber and Katya's relationship isn't getting any better.   I
basically didn't see Amber for two days.  She didn't come out from
underneath the bed except to eat and use the litter box.   Now she
sleeps on the bathroom rug and not in my room because Katya is in there.
I put up the gate keep Katya in the living room to allow Amber time to
roam a bit, but she doesn't.  I'll put her in the kitchen and she'll see
Katya and immediately either run back into the bathroom or underneath
the bed.  It breaks my heart to see Amber like this and I miss my cat.
I'm sad on so many levels.  I don't think I can keep Katya... I just
don't know what to do anymore.   Kerry, I'll definitely give you a call
tonight.  Right now, I just keep crying.  I'm so heartbroken, but I
don't know what else to do. <<<<

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor.